Sunday 19 February 2017

Life is Beautiful - Cathy Cafun (Challenge Inspiration)

Hi everyone, Cathy here today sharing my take on the gorgeous Dusty Attic February Mood Board Challenge. There is an amazing prize of a $100 Dusty Attic Gift Voucher for the winner.  To enter you simply need to use the Mood Board, Sketch or both for Inspiration, which you can interpret in anyway you like. The only requirement is that Dusty Attic chipboard is used on your creation.
 


  

 
 
Once completed simply add your link to the right side bar of the Dusty Attic Blog.  Make sure to look at all the gorgeous creations from our Design Team while you're there for some inspiration!!

 
February Mood Board



 
Life is Beautiful




I was inspired by the pretty pastel colours of the Mood Board as well as the roses from the typewriter pic and the script from the bicycle pic.




To create my background I have used the pretty Dusty Attic Love Circles Stencil with Dusty Attic Texture Paste.  Once dry I misted with Lindy's Starburst Mist in Cotton Candy.




How beautiful is the Floral Frame #1 chippie.  Instead of throwing away the inner chipboard section of the frame I decided to keep it in place but altered it with a coat of gesso, then embossed with Tinby Melts and the Mandala Stencil to create a lacy effect for my silhouetted photo. I masked the stencil with clear gel medium, then sprinkled with the Tinby Melts and heat set.

 
I cut the rose like flower from the frame, so that I could reposition it a little more to the side, then inked the frame with Pixie Dust Versamagic. 




So as not to waste the pieces of the Spring Blooms #1 chippies that would have been under my layers, I cut them off and added them to amongst my layers.
 

To keep the layout soft and dreamy I coated most of my chipboard pieces with gesso and highlighted them with Lindy's Cotton Candy mist.
 

 



The Dusty Attic Clear Gloss Varnish is a fabulous way to adhere seed beads, prills and any item that you want to anchor securely.



 

 

Dusty Attic Product Used








































Other Product Used


MME & The Scrap Cake pp's


Kaisercraft Collectables
Lindys Stamp Gang Mist - Cotton Candy
Embossing Powder - Tinby Melts
Prima Gesso
Lace Trim
Lace Flowers
Seed Beads
Pearls
Pearl Cotton Twine
Versamagic Ink - Pixie Dust, Sea Breeze
 
 
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by.


Happy Crafting :)




No comments:

Post a Comment