Monday 1 August 2016

August 2016

Good Morning AUGUST 2016
 
Lots has been happening at Dusty Attic HQ, a new release of gorgeous designs at the beginning of July and then new Titles and Quotes at the end of the month which we run a competition on face book to win this whole set.... 
I'm pretty sure after reading the comments the favorite was "Dream with your eyes wide open", very closely followed by  "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened" 
My personal favorite is "If you think my hands are full, you should see my heart"
The random winner of this whole pack is
CHERYL TAYLOR
(Sydney Australia)
 
 
Remember you can order these and any of the Dusty Attic chipboard straight from the website 
 




 
 

While we are talking and celebrating winners, The Mood board challenge was yet again so hard for the design team to choose just one entry, but they managed to in the end!
 The winner of July's board is    




 
Thank you to everyone that entered and remember I am keeping a spread sheet of all entries and there will be a winner at the end of the year for the person who has entered the most.
 
Now onto a new mood board and
RACHELLE SIGURDSON
has done this truly extraordinary layout using her garden together with the board as inspiration.
 (She shares lots of close ups for us to drool over)
 
 I am in awe of the amount of small details that Rachelle puts into all her creations and this one is just overloaded with them !     






Hello,today I am here to share with you  a LO I did, using Dusty Attics Beautiful Mood Board for August, using DA Stencils, Chipboard & Paint....Being a gardener, I loved working with this Mood Board....




From the Mood Board I used the Colors, Quote, wood, aged look, containers,clock,flowers, rustic.....

The Challenge has a amazing prize of a $100 Dusty Attic Gift Voucher to the  Dusty Attic Website  for the winner. To enter all you need to do, is use the Mood Board for Inspiration,  you can interpret it anyway you like. The only requirement is that Dusty Attic chipboard is used in your creation. Once completed simply add your link to the right side of the bar of the Dusty Attic Blog...
The Dusty Attic used:
Arch Window #2
Arch Window #2
Bottle Border
Brick Wall Panel
Brick Wall Panel
mini Bird Cage #2
Mini Bird Cage #2
mini Bird Cages #1
Mini Bird Cage #1
mini Blossoms #2
Mini Blossoms #2
mini Chicken Wire
mini chicken wire
mini Cobblestone
mini cobble stone
mini Dragonflies
mini Dragonflies
Mini Alarm Clocks
mini alarm clocks
Ferns
Ferns
Mini Blossoms
Mini Blossoms
Old Wooden Fence small
Old Wooden Fence Small
Vase  4pk
vase 4 pack
Filmstrips small
film strip small
Foliage #2
Foliage #2
Hanging Mason Jars
Hanging Mason Jars
Watering can 2pk
Watering Can
Teeny Tiny ABC set
Teeny Tiny ABC
Cobblestone Stencil
Cobble stone stencil
Dusty in Colour Capri
Dusty in Colour Capri
Dusty in Colour Oceania
Dusty in Colour Oceania
Dusty in Colour Clear Crackle Varnish
Dusty in Colour Clear Crackle Varnish
Corrugated Card
Corrugated Paper
I did the cobblestone stencil work under the cobblestone chipboard. I applied DA clear crackle varnish on to most of the chipboard, let dry, then blended in color to bring out the cracks....
I dipped the mini blossoms in water, then separated the layers of chipboard, then dabbed on the watered down paints, (Capri & Oceania). Once they had dried I glued them together & glued on beads into the flower centers....

To add another layer to the the arch window &bottle border, I used the old wooden fence small....












Thank you so much for taking the time to look, & I am looking forward to seeing, what you come up with, with this months Mood Board....Rachelle

9 comments:

  1. Wow!!! So inspiring!!! So many details and loved the photo frame used like lander...Awesome job!!! And it seems like you have enjoyed every single moment creating it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is stunning! wow, fabulous mood board.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Georgie, it's so beautiful! Love the new moodboard! Gorgeous new chippies...love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a stunning project! The layering of elements and colors are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Cheryl and George C.! Rachelle your work is absolutely breathtaking! You amaze me with what you are able to do with chippies - just WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow. I am absolutely speechless. that layout is so creative and beautiful.....I cannot think of anything more to say. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWE..Mazing! Makes me want to run go create. LIKE NOW!
    Bunny Hamm

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for picking my tag to win last month's challenge - I'm so happy, I cannot believe it!! I was just nipping in to check out this month's challenge and saw the wonderful news!!! Loving this month's board btw, the colours are some of my faves - hugs, Georgie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely! I am just beginning with mixed media art. I can't wait for the day I start coming up with some of my own designs. In the meantime, I pull my inspiration from beautiful work such as yours.

    Best Regards,
    Lael

    ReplyDelete