Sunday 22 May 2016

Tribal paintbrush - Joanne Bain - Off the Page



Joanne here today to share my altered paintbrush. I have been really enjoying creating OTP projects lately and seeing that rust is a big thing at the moment I thought I would created a rusted paintbrush. I wanted it to be quiet dimensional and decided to go with a pirate type theme for this.

'Tribal Paintbrush'


For the main feature of the background I cut the Dusty Swirly Frame in half. I think it gives it a tribal type of feel.



I also cut apart the Dusty Indian Arrow #2 and used the arrow feather as the backing of my skull. I kind of reminds me of flames. I also used the hanging feathers from the arrow. For these I wet and pulled apart again for added interest.


I added a sprinkling of the Dusty Mini Butterflies...they are so cute! I also layered up a few of the Dusty cogs, I love these they feature a lot in my projects.


The skull was a piece of dress jewelry bought from the markets, once again with a purpose in mind.

Dusty Attic
Materials List
DA0893 Mini Butterflies #2
DA0051 Cogs #1
DA0689 Mini Cogs
DA1370 Indian Arrow #2
DA1468 Swirly Frame

Other - Prima Finnabair Rust Paste, Black Gesso, Paintbrush & Skull.

Come visit my blog - Scrappin For Me


1 comment: