Monday 26 October 2015

Our everyday life - Heather McMahon

Hello and welcome back to Dusty Attic! It's Heather McMahon with you today and this month I have made something VERY different for me! There's no particular reason why this is so different - I just wanted to try something new.


Don't you just love that flourish under the photo? I wanted to show it off so I cut my patterned paper to suit. Here's how I decorated the flourish, the border and the title. It's really easy but looks fabulous!

Step 1

Add some Dusty Attic texture paste directly to the bare chippy with your finger. Dab it on roughly to create a stippled effect.

Step 2

Colour it with gold ink. This leaves you with a gorgeous textured piece plus the gold ink over the white texture paste creates a stunning pewter colour.

To make those flowers and leaves on the background, I simply applied the gold ink through a Dusty Attic stencil. I love the soft, airbrushed effect.


Here are the Dusty Attic products I used:

Texture Paste DA1218

Flower Burst Stencil DA1323

Ornamental Trim Set DA 1347

Lace Border #3 DA1344

Mini Captions #3 DA 1290

Foliage #3


Thanks so much for dropping in!



Happy scrappin'!

Heather McMahon



3 comments:

  1. thnak's so much for the steps by steps, lovely page
    Pitchoune

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful LO Heather. Love the tips for the chippies and colors. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete